Anand Kumar Sankaran
Full-stack engineer and software architect whose passion lies in creating great products. Architected and built horizontally scalable web applications for Enterprise as well as Consumer segments. Experienced in working with customers for pre-sales and post-sales efforts.
Over twenty years of proven expertise in creating, deploying, managing and supporting products based on marketing requirements in a timely manner, under tough deadlines.
|Rails, RubyMotion||Distributed Systems|
|Backbone, Bootstrap, jQuery||Horizontal Scalability|
|MySQL, PostgresSQL, Oracle||Design Patterns, Refactoring|
|Apache Ignite, CouchBase, ActiveMQ||Test Driven Development|
|Git, SVN, Jira, YouTrack||Object Relational Mapping|
|Mac OSX, Linux, Windows||Framework Design|
Principal Software Engineer, OMS Core Fabric
Workday | Pleasanton, CA | Oct 2014 till date
- Currently working on the OMS core Fabric team building a horizontally scalable datagrid system using Apache Ignite. Working on server side Java and related technologies.
- Built Workday’s Private Cloud platform customizing and extending Openstack, using Ruby, Python, Chef and related tools.
Cofounder & Chief Architect
vMobo, Inc | Fremont, CA | Jul 2008 to Oct 2014
- Part of the founding team. Involved from conceiving the idea, prototyping, fund raising and execution.
- Architected a horizontally scalable web application launched in various Asian countries.
- Played a vital role in pre and post sales support of various brand partners.
- Created a deployment architecture to deploy the product, deployed the product and in charge of the day-to-day running of the web application. Built monitoring tools to monitor the state of the application.
- Created all components of the web application. Created the object and database models, built the GUI using responsive elements. Built iOS and Android apps.
- Provided technical leadership to a team of engineers.
Senior Software Engineer & Staff Architect
Collation Inc / IBM Corporation | San Jose, CA | June 2002 - June 2008
- Architected, designed and implemented various modules of Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager.
- Involved in requirements gathering, installation and customization, pre and post sales support for Fortune 100 enterprise customers.
- Built the UI server backend to support the native Java client as well as a web based client.
- Created a complex object model using JDO that reflects a data center and captures relationships within the data center.
- Worked on creating an Object-Relational framework that enables developers to work against the Object model.
- After IBM acquisition, refactored the Object-Relational layer so it can be embedded within other IBM products.
- Worked on various technologies like Jini and server side Java technologies.
Various | July 1995 - May 2002
- Built many software applications using C and Java. Details at LinkedIn
M.S Software Systems
Birla Institute of Technology & Science | Pilani, India | 1997-98
B.E Mechanical Engineering
Government College of Technology | Coimbatore, India | 1991-95